Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Lets Take A Stroll Through Cinque Terre

Hi Everyone :). Thanks for stopping by. We thought we'd change things up a little and use this opportunity to share an amazing experience we had a few years ago.

Before I graduated from USF in 2007, Michele and I decided that we would plan out a trip to Europe as a reward for my graduation as well as working hard at the store that summer. Oh just an FYI, back then Michele and I were just dating. Call me Mr. Cliche, but I knew she was the one for me and what better place then Europe to propose. That story will have to be for another post ;).

So in September of 2007, Michele and I packed the bare necessities and took off to back pack Europe for one month. Wow, the world is filled with so many amazing places...heck, one month wasn't nearly enough if you ask me. One of those amazing places was so awesome that is was like love at first site. That place was Cinque Terre, Italy.

If you are not familiar with Cinque Terre, the name translates to "Five Cities". This place was simply breath taking. We started our day early morning in one of the town's called Monterroso al Mare. From Monterroso we hiked off the beaten path toward the city of Vernazza. When you're wandering around exploring new surroundings with a camera, you tend to lose track of time or at least I do. Turned out our little hike....yeah, four and a half hours long. And to make matters worse...no water. After finally catching our breath and filling our bellies in Vernazza, we decided to keep moving. Not looking to make the same mistake that we made on the way to Vernazza, we decided take a ferry to the last city called Riomaggiore just before we made our way back to Vernazza to end the day.

I could go on and on like a chatty Kathy, but lets get on with the show. So without further a due, I invite you to take a walk with us through the wonderful Cinque Terre. Enjoy :).


1 comment:

  1. Hello and thanks for the beautiful pictures..., just want to invite you and your readers to our site about the cinque terre and to the blog where you can also vote the nicest of the 5 Terre.
    Also online a section of Video of the Cinque Terre, a different point of view..

    ReplyDelete